#49 Convulsive Beauty & Liz’s Wabi-Sabi
Content Warning: Mention of Suicide
Wabi-Sabi! The Japanese concept of the beauty of our imperfections. We spend time chatting with new co-host, Liz, about their art, the convulsive nature of beauty, how “Dinosaurs” introduced them to the idea of polyamory, and a lot of poop.
Also in this episode, Kimmy candidly discusses her battle with cancer, we all share thoughts on mental health, the failings of our medical system, capitalism, and… damn it… poop again.
Balls are also on the table. We’re absolutely very mature podcasters and we love you very much.
Bonus Content: Dog sounds, traffic sounds, and the sweet, sweet sound of us clumsily navigating a new recording space… the porch. Welcome to 2022!
Resources & References
- Crisis Resources for Immediate Response
- Jessica Lanyadoo
- Segmentented Sleep
- Fever-Tree Ginger Beer
- Surrealist Beauty
Episode 49 Transcript
Unfortunately, the service we used to use to transcribe our episode has increased their prices. Consider becoming a Patreon Supporter to help us make our episodes accessible again!
Transcribing… please check back.
Credits & Contact
- Hosts: Chastain, Kimmy, & Liz
- Website: podpodcvltcast.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Title Music: “Spencer – Bluegrass” by Lobo Loco
- Midroll Music: “The Point Break” by Pale Blue/Goberino
- Instagram: @cvltwithav
- Twitter: @PodPodCvltCast
- Facebook: @PodPodCvltCast
- Patreon: Pod Pod Cvlt Cast
- YouTube: Pod Pod Cvlt Cast
- Tumblr: /podpodcvlcast